"7 days without fitness makes one weak."
So true! Remember Nike's advice, "Just Do It
"? Not bad advice for all of us Orchard Park, NY residents! We're not all super athletes or marathoners, but that's not going to stop us from getting out and exercising.
Researchers are always studying us humans and our ways. One of the latest reports suggests - not surprisingly
- that a lack of exercise and a large body mass index (BMI) increase the risk of having chronic lower back pain and chronic neck pain and shoulder pain. (1) Researchers found a 20% increased risk of chronic pain in the lower back and the neck/shoulders in obese men and women. (1) Chronic pain
is no fun. It really interferes with your quality of life. Don't worry, though. Novelli Wellness Center can help you!
With so many of us sitting at computers (even us here at Novelli Wellness Center all day long!) and in our cars, talking and texting on our phones, and/or vegging out in front of our TVs, it's no wonder that we have higher BMIs and lower physical activity. But that can be remedied easily. Individuals with a high BMI can lower the risk of chronic pain by simply getting just one hour or more of exercise a week.. (1)
What can you do in that hour or more to help? Anything that gets you moving! Here are some suggestions:
- Walk your dog.
- Take a walk.
- Check out a local park around Orchard Park, NY.
- Try a fitness class.
- Join the kids on their interactive game system for some simulated sports fun.
- Ride a bike.
- Check out a yoga or tai chi DVD at the library...and do it at home!
- Try a few of Novelli Wellness Center's simple exercises for the lower back and neck (after we consult with you to find the proper exercises that will be!).
Novelli Wellness Center just wants you to know that exercising a little more than you do now (especially if you are not exercising at all right now) goes a long, long way to help you ward off pain and enjoy the quality of life you want!
"This information and website content is not intended to diagnose, guarantee results, or recommend specific treatment or activity. It is designed to educate and inform only. Please consult your physician for a thorough examination leading to a diagnosis and well-planned treatment strategy. See more details on the DISCLAIMER
page. Content is reviewed by Dr. James M. Cox I